Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Andie's First Foodie Blog

I wake up Sunday mornings with thoughts of breakfast or brunch on my mind.

This week I decided to make egg salad sandwiches because that was what was on my mind. This was no ordinary egg salad. Boiled (13 minutes) Free Run Eggs, Real Mayo, Pepper, Salt, Orange Pepper Diced, Celery Diced. I spread this chunky mixture on German rye bread - served open faced with sliced English cucumber on the side. A refreshing, filling, and nutritious lunch.

Food preparation is one of the only ways I can actually make my dreams come true. I plan to use this blog to enrich my own life through sharing my passion for food with others.

I've decided to name this blog Apron Andie. One of the most memorable cooking-related gifts I received was a holly hobby apron and cook book (Debbie Cooks or something like that) from my maternal Grandparents. The sweetness of the illustrations in this book - a girl meticulously, lovingly cracking eggs - paired with the playful ruffles on the apron will always be in my mind as one of my introductions to life in the kitchen.

-Apron Andie

No comments: